Site Rules/General Terms Of Hire
SITE RULES/GENERAL TERMS OF HIRE ref AFE.001.2015
We welcome all riders and spectators to Alnwick Ford Equestrian (AFE) and hope you all have an enjoyable experience. In order to safeguard everyone’s safety we would respectfully request all visitors adhere to the following:
1. These SITE RULES/GENERAL TERMS OF HIRE apply to all riders and spectators and must be adhered to at all times, without exception.
2. These terms and conditions apply in conjunction with any specific terms and conditions stated for specific events. For clarity the order of precedence is 1. Specific Terms of Hire or Application, 2. Site Rules/General Terms of Hire AFE.001.2015
3. Entry into any class or competition, including hire of any facilities on site, shall be deemed an acceptance of the SPECIFIC TERMS OF HIRE/APPLICATION and these SITE RULES/ GENERAL TERMS OF HIRE.
4. AFE do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, accident, damage or illness to any person, property or animal whatsoever, or for any loss whatsoever, arising out of, or occurring during any use of the facilities, to the fullest permitted by law.
5. It shall be a condition of use of any of the facilities on site that each user shall indemnify the owners, operators and any associated company or third parties against any claim or legal action whatsoever arising out of any use or accident. This indemnity will cover any and all costs including any professional or legal fees to defend any such claims.
6. You acknowledge it is solely your responsibility to have in place full comprehensive insurance to cover yourself, your horse and your transport, including any other property that may be damaged as a result of your participation and this insurance, in addition, should extend to provide cover to all third party and public liabilities.
7. Everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of any AFE employee or representative
8. AFE reserve the right to refuse entry to any person without explanation, or to alter, amend, split or amalgamate any booking at its discretion.
9. All fees must be paid in full on booking.
10. Cancellation – which must be in writing, unless agreed otherwise,
- Up to 1 month before hire/event date will be subject to a minimum cancellation fee of 25% of the total booking or £20, whichever is the higher.
- Within 1 months all outstanding fees must be paid and all fees already paid will be forfeited
11. Cancellation and Abandonment – In the unlikely event due to circumstances entirely beyond the control of the owner or event organisers we have to cancel or abandon an event, we do not accept any liability for any incidental costs whatsoever such as travel or overnight accommodation, however we will,
- Provide a full refund of all entry fees paid if cancellation occurs before the event has commenced
- If abandonment occurs after an event has started, we will provide a free of charge entry for the replacement event up to the value of the original event.
- We recommend you purchase event cancellation insurance
HORSE CARE & MANAGEMENT
- The owners of horses must ensure their horses are properly secured when in their wagons or trailers ensuring the horses welfare is priority.
- No horses should be left tied to strings to the side of the trailer or horse wagon.
- Only Horses booked for hire, entered into an event/competition are allowed on site.
- Horse Manure from your horse(s) around site should be collected and deposited in the designated bins provided.
- Only horses that are fully vaccinated are permitted on site
- Parking of Cars and Horse Transport including Lorries and vehicles with trailers is only allowed in designated areas or as directed by Alnwick Ford Equestrian representatives in the main or overspill car park.
- Under no circumstances should vehicles, including wagons, trailers or lorries be cleaned out on site
- The site speed limit is 10mph and must be maintained at all times
- AFE take no responsibility for any damage to any vehicle, lorry or associated trailer and take no responsibility for any damage or loss to any equipment or possessions which are brought onto site. The use of the car park and associated access roads is solely at your own risk.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Hard hats to the current BSI standard, must be fastened, must be worn by all riders when mounted.
- Parents/guardians are fully responsible at all times for the Health and Safety of children in their care when on site
- Children must be supervised at all times by a competent adult when on site
- All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and should not be left in cars in hot weather.
- It is the responsibility of dog owners to pick up any dog mess and deposit it in the designated bins on site.
- Dogs are not allowed to run free around the site under any circumstances and are restricted to the car park area only.
- Smoking is not allowed INSIDE any of the buildings including toilets.
- Smoking is only allowed OUTSIDE any of the buildings but not in the vicinity of Hay or flammable materials
- Anyone smoking outside should not throw or leave their cigarette butts on the ground.
- All cigarette ends should be disposed of in the external bins on site but please ensure the cigarettes are fully extinguished
- No litter should be discarded around site.
- Any litter should be placed in the bins located around the site.
- All gates should be closed after use unless they are clearly marked to be left open.
STABLES INCLUDING LIVERY AND OTHER BUILDINGS
- Under NO circumstances should anyone enter any areas marked PRIVATE. These will be clearly marked but in general include all buildings associated with the Livery side of the Arena business including Stable blocks, tractor store, foaling boxes, horse walker, wash or solarium.
- Visitors should follow signage to the area in use
REST ROOM FACILITIES
- Toilet facilities will be provided in the Indoor Arena building for all site visitors dependant on numbers. The primary toilet is marked Disabled/Baby Changing, for larger groups and during busy periods the main toilet facilities will also be available
FAILURE TO RESPECT THE SITE RULES MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE SITE. If you are asked to leave the site no REFUNDS will be given